Monday, September 17, 2012

Homing instinct

Like the Bulusan pawikan (marine turtle), guided by the imbedded earth's magnetic field in its memory and the smell of its mother shore, my coming home is as natural and inevitable. This almost empty floor of our bodega-like home is now filled with my 'busyness' of anything from talking to potatom (my thoughtful and sweet dog), to having conversation with an incognito web friend, to taking this photo (and more photos), to listening to baroque music as interpreted by Wynton Marsalis, to the music of Sean Crowe and Engkanto...and writing about Inggo the fish trap weaver.

My mother to this day after a year of my coming home (she is living downstairs) cannot yet fathom what I am so busy about but somehow accepted my unusual ways without question.

Bulusan, Sorsogon, Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment