Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sakristan Photography 101


Location: Saint James the Greater Parish Church
Bulusan, Sorsogon, Philippines
Startled.

Rock band pose.
One is looking at me and knows exactly what I am into, the other three are clueless.

Is this the new hemline for sakristans?
Puzzled 
While waiting for the Sunday mass, I observed and took photographs of sakristans assigned to assist the priest during the mass. Most of them were unaware what I was into. By the time they noticed my shutterbug activity, I'd already done some clicks secretly. Several thoughts ran across my mind while observing the sakristans: Garbed in the sakristan sotana, it seemed to me that the boys convey their behaved nature with hidden mischievousness. The hems of the sotanas: Is the new hemline midway between the knees and the heel or mid-calf with the rubber shoes  and pants prominently showing?  It looks nice though for teen boys. 

Gowns I concluded looked good on men. No wonder why the ancient Roman and Greek men wore gowns.


Photographs by Alma P. Gamil
Bulusan, Sorsogon, Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment